Monday 9 May 2011

17

The 'If It Ain't Broke' Top

rose top front

Well, colour you all shocked to see another incarnation of the Never-Ending Dress. Wouldn't it be funny if I sign up for every sew-along going and adapt this pattern for it? Next thing you know, I'll be signing up to an Overall Sew-along and throwing some legs on it.

rose top full

A picture for those of you of the head persuasion. Nothing shocking and / or amusing is happening to my right, I promise. I'm just a little bit harrowed from sewing this blouse manic style on the deadline day. Too harrowed for make-up and hairbrushes. Let's see... changes from Never-ending Dress: it is not a dress (obviously), neckline raised a bit, straps shortened / narrowed a smidge, fabric has no stretch so ease added all over the place, and waistband given a curve at centre front under the bust. Some things have remained: Mega-darted bodice front (three below each breast, one to the side *sigh*), v-neck back bodice, smooshed waistband, and.....................

rose top back

That's right, I zipped it all the way through this time! I'm hoping the metal zip tones down the OMGGirly print. But refrains from burning me when it's hot.

Spring Top Sew-along, forty minutes to spare :)

17 comments:

  1. So cute for summer! But how did you get Maia to let you keep anything pink for yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and amazing!! I love the zipper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it very much, it's the perfect style for that print.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so gorgeous! The print is perfect for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aboslutely stunning. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet! again, LOVE the exposed zip

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! Found you via the Spring Top flickr pool. I think my favorite part is the zipper that runs the length of the back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Wouldn't it be funny if I sign up for every sew-along going and adapt this pattern for it?" Do it, Do it, Do it!!

    Turned out very nice and I like the exposed zipper on the back. Are you going to wear this one more than once?

    ReplyDelete
  9. How are you planning on preventing that zip being unzipped at crucial moments by small people? It's lovely though, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stresshead Red10 May 2011 at 21:16

    Love it, particularly the zip. I am even more jealous of your sewing prowess!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such gorgeous fabric. It's fab to be able to adjust patterns. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too fabulous for words! Just stunning - men and women alike will be falling over in the street.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness what a fantastic top!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh! I just read your whole dress saga ~ I can't believe you got here, from where you started (no offense to JP) This top is amazing; the story just makes it that much better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi!
    Im a new blogger and ur new follower! I loved ur top! Its so cute! Keep up the good work!

    Do visit my blog at http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete