Monday 26 July 2010

10

The Jet Lag dress

Thanks very much for all your input on dressing me up for the wedding, shame it was roughly a three way split! As such, I did what any fiscally irresponsible sensible person would do, and ordered both the Chantilly and Macaron patterns. Now I have all four options and I will have no problem what so ever sewing at least a dozen different options in five sleeps. No siree. *insert: sarcasm* How lucky that my jet lag means I can stay up all night long! *insert: hollow laugh* Speaking of jet lag and wedding attire, before turning my attention to myself of course I had to make a dress for Maia to wear. Always the children first, it is my mantra...


Despite photographic evidence to the contrary, I do love my daughter.


Despite photographic evidence to the contrary, this is a mainstream wedding and not a theme one. We did not receive an invite saying, 'Come along to our Merchant Ivory Pajama Party Wedding!!' Such a shame, it would have been perfect. Jet lag makes me insane.

10 comments:

  1. It looks like Maia may be a bit jet-lagged, too. I'm trying to think of a way to save that dress, but I think it may be a lost cause. Everyone is entitled to a bit of insane sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've just made me snort with laughter again. Thank you! Enjoy the wedding - we want photos of the finished dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. er... it might be fixable.. get rid of the frilly collar for starters.. umm the sleeves too... and I think you might have something. maybe... but the collar has got to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make it a short sleeved top (shorten it) and make some capri pants trimmed with the fabric from the dress?

    My best suggestion anyhow. Plus, my worst wedding wear was a t-shirt and jeans. I still get grief from the bride over that. You can't wear worse than that (please don't try!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Err. It's very.... imaginative? Maybe a matching waistcoat for Jamie would help balance things out. And one for Steven. And the Macaron dress in the same fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the fabric and I like the sleeves....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh honey. You need some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gald you're back - have been missing my daily snort of laughter at my desk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh bless her how tired does she look! LOL

    ReplyDelete